Fly through the woods!
The Sunday River Zipline Tour features a series of six lines ranging from 100 to 300 feet in length. Its wooded location takes you through the trees and over a ravine and stream bed, at speeds of up to 25 miles per hour. It's an all thrills, no skills activity for all ages!
Schedule: Zipline Tours are part of our Mountain Park and run at 9AM, 10AM, 11:30AM, and 2PM, Thursdays through Sundays, starting June 28 until September 2, and then Fridays through Sundays from September 7 to October 7. Please note: Zipline Tours will also be closed to the public during the River Rock Festival on July 6 & 7, and on July 28 for the Tough Mountain Challenge event.
Group Tour Schedule & Reservations: Private and additional tours are available for groups of 8-12 people. Please call in advance to secure a tour, 800-543-2754, or make your reservation online.
Duration: Tours take approximately 2 hours and depart from the South Ridge Lodge.
Pricing: $69 for adults, $59 for juniors. Please note that this pricing is for the 2017 session and is subject to change.
Ages: Open to all ages. Height and weight restrictions apply.
Safety is our top priority. Our guides fit you with state-of-the-art equipment and safety information is reviewed prior to each zipline tour. Zipline guides have trained extensively in the proper techniques and procedures of safety. Each piece of equipment and lines are inspected daily. Our guides will ensure your safety while you have fun! Each guest can fly relaxed, knowing that they are connected with two attachment points on each zipline. Our ziplines are designed to use a gravity braking system complemented by an arrester system used by our guides. This means it's hands-free and worry-free fun for your enjoyment!
What should I wear and bring?
- Proper footwear with a good tread.
- Dress for being outside for two hours in any summer condition.
- We recommend long hair be pulled back in a ponytail.
- Please do not bring backpacks.
- Bring a camera with a wrist leash.
- Open to all ages.
- Minimum height is 3 feet.
- Minimum weight for riders is 70lbs and maximum is 270lbs.
- All riders are required to wear a helmet, which is provided. Personal ski and climbing helmets may be worn, however, bike helmets are not permitted and we reserve the right to refuse any helmet.
- Light hiking is required of riders when commuting from line to line throughout the tour.
- A liability waiver must be signed by all riders and a parent/guardian signature is required for those under the age of 18.
- Any participant that is pregnant, has heart troubles, or any serious medical conditions, should consider that this type of adventure may not be the best choice for them. We recommend a consultation with your medical provider before participating.
Reservations are not required, but are strongly encouraged, and can be made online or by calling 800-543-2754. Walk-ins are welcome if we have available space, but reservations are the only way to guarantee a spot on one of our tours. A credit card is required to confirm booking. Walk-ins can go to the Welcome Center in South Ridge Lodge. A parental signature is required on releases for all minors.
Our Zipline Tours are perfect for team building, camp trips, and a wide variety of other groups, and we can accommodate any size group from a small youth trip to bus tours. For more information on group trips and pricing please visit our Group Trips page and feel free to contact us to discuss creating your own custom trip.
Our ziplines will operate in almost every weather condition and our weather can change quickly. Please check the local forecast and dress appropriately. We will not cancel due to rain or snow. However, we may suspend a tour due to thunder, lightning, high winds, or any other unsafe condition at our discretion.
We have a 24-hour cancellation policy. Full charge will be made for no-shows or if canceled within 24 hours of your ride time. Late arrivals will not be refunded or issued vouchers and will not be able to join the group. The Zipline Tours will leave at the scheduled time as a consideration to the other guests.