New England Forest Rally« All Events July 15, 2016 - July 16, 2016
Headquartered at Sunday River Resort, the New England Forest Rally is an annual two-day stage rally that takes place on the back roads and logging tracks of Western Maine and Northern New Hampshire. Sanctioned by Rally America, NEFR is one of six National Championship rallies that take place in the United States. The two-day national competition features some of the world's best drivers, including 6 time Rally America champion David Higgins and fellow Subaru Rally Team USA driver Bucky Lasek. Many local and regional enthusiasts compete alongside the top national competitors.
Want to get in on the action? Spectators have an awesome chance to get an up-close view of the incredible skill of these drivers as they twist, slide, turn, and jump their cars at speeds up to 100mph. Sunday River will provide shuttle bus transportation to the Concord Pond Stage on Friday and Sturtevant Pond Stage Saturday. Spectators will get to see the Sturtevant Pond Stage twice. Passes are available for purchase online in advance. A limited number of walk up passes will be available for purchase the day of the event, so keep the following in mind:
- Passes are $10 per person for Friday, and $15 per person for Saturday
- Buses will depart at approximately 10AM on Friday and 8:30AM on Saturday, and will return to Sunday River at approximately 2:30PM on Friday and 5:30PM on Saturday. We recommend arriving at least an hour before the scheduled departure time in case of last minute schedule changes.
- You can pick up your wrist band at the Sunday River tent in the Rally Village at the South Ridge Base Lodge
- Be prepared for a day in the woods with a camp chair, water, food, bug spray, and sunblock. No food or restrooms will be available at these stops.
- For a more luxurious day, passes are available for a VIP Spectator bus. The VIP Bus includes a luxury motorcoach, catered lunch, and beverages. Passes start at $130 per person, per day.
Each morning Sunday River will also host a "Parc Expose." All of the teams will parade their cars into an open area where fans can gather, mingle with the competitors, get autographs, and see the cars up close. Start times are 9AM Friday and 7AM Saturday. Music, food, and fun are also part of the rally, with a Rally Village featuring vendors, exhibitors and food throughout the two days, and an awards party with barbecue starting at 6:30PM Saturday night. For complete details and information, please visit the official New England Forest Rally website.