Woodward Mini Camp at Sunday River« All Events March 22, 2014 - March 23, 2014
Have you (or your kids) ever dreamed of attending Camp Woodward? Well, now is your chance to become an official camper right here at Sunday River. Woodward is coming host a weekend version of their on-snow camp for the first time ever! Snowboard and freeski camp is for all ability levels, whether you are just learning how to snowboard or ski or you're an avid park rider. All weekend long you can shred with your buddies and learn a thing or two (or a whole lot more) from Woodward coaches in an exclusive Woodward terrain park. Not to mention all the fun you'll have during the special lunches, contests, games, activities, and the possibility of winning a free week at camp this summer. And you'll get to hang out with local pro, the one and only, Godfather of freeskiing, Simon Dumont.
Do you prefer to be behind the camera instead of in front? Or do you want to learn how? Then the Digital Media edition of camp is exactly what you're looking for. Digital Media campers will engage in a Creative Video Production Workshop in which you learn new skills and implement them into a project you create, edit, and export. This is a hands on production workshop that teaches you to use the software while creating a project with content we provide or you go out and shoot yourself. Woodward digital media instructors are working professionals in the action sports, commercial, and television industries. Bet you're excited now, huh?
You'll find full information on the tour of Woodward Mini Camps at campwoodward.com/winterminicamp.
Price: $329 ($269 for season pass holders)
Schedule: Saturday and Sunday, March 22-23, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
What to bring: Ski or snowboard gear, helmet (required), change of clothing & shoes for after snow activities, and a whole bunch of stoke.
What's included: Two-day lift ticket, professional coaching, access to private Start Park, lunch, activities & contests, meet and hang out with the Pros, GoPro rental, end of camp tailgate, access to lodging discounts, summer camp discounts, and a chance to win a free 2014 summer camp session.
All activities and meals will be based in the mid-mountain Peak Lodge and all terrain parks will be on North Peak, spread between a private Start Park on Dream Maker, the 3D park and the T72 park.
All ski and snowboard spots are full, but a few lucky can still sign up for the digital media camp. Visit campwoodward.com/winterminicamp for more information and to register.
Lodging packages will be available for campers' families and details will be emailed to registered campers.
Snowboard and Freeski Camp Daily Schedule
8:30-9:30am Registration and Check-in
• Welcome Center in South Ridge Lodge
9:30-10:00am Group Warm Up/Ice Breaker Game
• Group stretches and games (
• Break into groups for the day
10:00am-12:00pm Morning Shred Session
• Terrain based teaching features for beginners include rollers to return wall, banked turns, and across the fall-line mini pipe
• Start Park for beginner park riders include ride on into boxes that are short and low to the ground.
• Progression Parks include features that are small, medium, and large in addition to more advanced boxes and rails.
12pm-1pm Lunch + Activity
1pm-3pm Afternoon Shred Session
• Terrain park focus with coaches.
• On-snow games.
3pm-5pm Activities on Saturday, Tailgate Party on Sunday
Digital Media Camp Daily Schedule
8:30-9:30am Registration and Check-in
• Camera techniques, whether you have a GoPro, HD camera, or a phone camera
• Composition framing your subjects
• Fisheye filming
• Time lapse filming
• Slider, dolly, and jib techniques
• Editing with Final Cut X software
• Slow motion and ramping video
• Creating moving titles
• Best web export setting
• Exporting video for web and Instagram
All equipment provided will only be used under supervision of the instructors.
• iMac computers with software
• Tri pods
• Sliders and dollies
• Sony FS-700
• Canon 7D
• Canon lens kit
• Wireless microphones
• Light panels
• Jib arm
Equipment You Can Bring (optional)
• Mini DV camera, HD camera, DSLR, GOPRO, phone camera
• Cable to connect your camera to computers
• Hard drive to take your content home with you
• Backpack and/or camera bag