Sunday River Ziplines and Twin Zips
Sunday River offers two kinds of zipline adventures: Zipline Tours take small groups through the woods on a six-zipline course and finish with a 750-foot Twin Zip back to the base, and Twin Zips, which are also offered separatley from tours, and are perfect for quick side-by-side zipping action and located right at the base of the South Ridge area.
Six Zipline Course plus twin zip back!
Sunday River's Zipline Tours take you through the resort's wooded forests, zigging and zagging back and forth over a deep ravine and stream bed located just off the snowless ski trails near the South Ridge base area. The tour features a series of seven lines total with six lines ranging from 100 to 300 feet in length and a seventh line which utilizes the 750-foot Twin Zip back to the base - a fun finale with speeds of up to 25 miles per hour! Be sure to check out our Winter Ziplining webpage for more information about taking a tour in the winter months too.
|100 - 300Feet
|2 ½ HoursDuration
|70 - 270 lbs
Min - Max
Dual side-by-side Zipping Action!
Sunday River's Twin Zips give you the rush of flying through the air across one long 750-foot zipline. Plus, with two zips side-by-side, you can fly with or race against your friends! Twin Zips are a perfect introduction to the zipline experience and are a great option for those who don't have the time to take our full Zipline Tour.
| 40 mphTop
|70 - 270 lbs
Min - Max
Safety is our top priority. Our guides fit you with state-of-the-art equipment and safety information is reviewed prior to each Zipline Tour. Zipline guides have trained extensively in the proper techniques and procedures of safety. Each piece of equipment and lines are inspected daily. Our guides will ensure your safety while you have fun! Each guest can fly relaxed, knowing that they are connected with two attachment points on each zipline. Our ziplines are designed to use a gravity braking system complemented by an arrester system and our guides. It's hands-free and worry-free fun!
What should I wear and bring?
- Hiking boots or sneakers are recommended for riders.
- We recommend that long hair be tied back in a ponytail.
- Bring your camera!
- Please do not bring backpacks.
- Minimum weight for riders is 70 lbs. and minimum height is 3 ft.
- Maximum weight for riders is 270 lbs.
- All riders are required to wear a helmet, which we provide. Personal ski and climbing helmets may also be worn. However, bike helmets are not permitted and we reserve the right to refuse any helmet.
- Light walking and hiking on wooded paths is required of riders when commuting between lines on the Zipline Tour course.
- Liability waiver must be signed by all riders and parent/guardian signature is required for those under the age of 18.
- Any participant that is pregnant, has heart troubles, or any serious medical conditions, should consider that this type of adventure may not be the best choice for them. We recommend a consultation with your medical provider before participating.
Reservations are not required but are highly recommended for Zipline Tours. Walk-ins are welcome if we have space available, but reservations are the only way to guarantee your space. A credit card is required to confirm booking. For reservations call 800-543-2754. Walk-ins can go to Sunday River Sports in South Ridge Lodge. A parental signature is required on releases for all minors. Please download a liability waiver and bring a signed copy.
Our Zipline Tours and Twin Zips are perfect for team building, camp trips, and a wide variety of other groups, and we can accomodate any size group from a small youth trip to bus tours. For more information on group trips and pricing please visit our Group Trips page and feel free to contact us to discuss creating your own custom trip.
Our ziplines will operate in almost every weather condition. Knowing that our weather can change quickly, please check the local forecast and dress appropriately. We will not cancel due to rain or snow. However, we may suspend operations due to thunder, lightening, high winds, or other unsafe conditions at our discretion.
We have a 24-hour cancellation policy. Full charge will be made for no-shows or if canceled within 24 hours of your tour time. Late arrivals will not be refunded or issued vouchers and will not be able to join the group. All Zipline Tours will leave at their scheduled times as a consideration to the other guests.