Be part of the best junior competition program in the country.
The Gould Academy Competition Program (GACP) combines the resources of Sunday River and Gould Academy to create programs designed for skiers and snowboarders age 9 to 18 who want to build the skills needed to compete in their sport and become the best they can.
All skiers and snowboarders who have the ability to ski or ride the full mountain and a desire to improve are welcome to join GACP. With low coach-to-athlete ratios and support from the coaches of Gould Academy, GACP can help any athlete develop their skills and build competitive experience in three disciplines:
- Alpine skiing (slalom, giant slalom, super-G and downhill)
- Freestyle skiing (moguls and freeride)
- Snowboarding (halfpipe, slopestyle, slalom, giant slalom and boardercross)
Programs run each weekend and holiday period throughout the winter season from late November to late March. Daily schedules generally consists of two sessions, beginning at 8:30AM and ending at 2:00PM with a full break for lunch between each session. All programs are based in the Gould Academy Competition Center adjacent to Barker Mountain Lodge.
GACP Program Philosophy
GACP strives to promote a love for skiing and snowboarding and a spirit of competition, creating an environment that encourages kids to be motivated and improve their ability level within their sport. Programs are designed to prepare athletes to compete at the highest levels in every age group.
2015-2016 GACP Pricing
|Freestyle||$1399 through April 30|
|Snowboard||$1399 through April 30|
|Alpine||$1399 through April 30|
Programs do not include cost of season pass or lift ticket.
How to register for GACP:
- Online - Purchase online through our secure storefront 24 hours a day. In addition, a completed registration/ROL must be on file prior to the first taining day.
- Phone - Call 800-430-0772 any day 9:00AM-5:00PM to place an order or ask questions. In addition, a completed registration/ROL must be on file prior to the first taining day.
- Mail - Send an registration/ROL, and payment to Sunday River, Season Pass Office, P.O. Box 4500, Newry, ME 04261. Orders must be postmarked by applicable deadline. Checks payable to Sunday River.
- Fax / Email - Email a completed and scanned registration/ROL with payment information to email@example.com or fax to 207-824-5074.
- At Sunday River - Visit the Welcome Center in South Ridge Lodge midweek between 9:00AM and 4:00PM.
Sunday River Ski & Snowboard Club
Are you a parent of an athlete in our competition programs? Join the Sunday River Ski Club to help support the next generation of on-snow athletes and receive great member benefits. Learn more by at the Sunday River Ski & Snowboard Club web site.