Gould Academy Competition Programs
The Gould Academy Competition Programs at Sunday River are designed for advanced skiers and snowboarders with a desire to improve and compete in alpine skiing, freestyle skiing, or snowboarding. GACP strives to teach young athletes ages 7 to 19 the skills to improve and the motivation to fuel their desire to become the best. This program is designed for skiers and riders who have the ability to ski or ride the mountain and the desire to compete. GACP provides small coach-to-athlete ratios in all three disciplines: Alpine, Freestyle, and Snowboarding.
- Alpine skiing (slalom, giant slalom, super-G and downhill)
- Freestyle skiing (moguls and freeride)
- Snowboarding (halfpipe, slopestyle, slalom, giant slalom and boardercross)
The program runs each weekend and holiday period, beginning mid-November and continuing through the last weekend in March. Generally, the training days consists of two sessions. The typical training day begins at 8:30AM and ends at 2:00PM A full break is provided between each session for plenty of time to warm up, eat, and spend time with family and friends.
GACP Program Philosophy
To be a spirited program that promotes a love for skiing/riding and competition. To create an environment that encourages kids to be motivated and improve the level of their skiing. The design of the program is intended to prepare athletes to compete at the highest levels in every age group. The program will strive to strike a balance of technical skills, free skiing/riding, and gate training. Athletes will learn how to conduct themselves with respect for others at Sunday River and while visiting away mountains.
How to register and purchase your GACP program
- Online - Purchase online through our secure storefront 24 hours a day. In addition, a completed registration/ROL must be on file prior to the first training day.
- Phone - Call 800-430-0772 any day 9:00AM-5:00PM to place an order or ask questions. In addition, a completed registration/ROL must be on file prior to the first training day.
- Mail - Send a registration/ROL, and payment to Sunday River, Season Pass Office, P.O. Box 4500, Newry, ME 04261. Orders must be postmarked by applicable deadline. Checks payable to Sunday River.
- Fax / Email - Email a completed and scanned registration/ROL with payment information to email@example.com or fax to 207-824-5074.
- At Sunday River - Visit the Welcome Center in South Ridge Lodge midweek between 9:00AM and 4:00PM.
Sunday River Ski Club
Are you a parent of a GACP athlete? Join the Sunday River Ski Club to help support the next generation of on-snow athletes and receive great member benefits. Learn more by visiting the Sunday River Ski Club.