Staying here? Let our Mountain Hosts show you around.
For the person who has never skied Sunday River's eight interconnected mountain peaks, getting around can be quite a challenge. To help lodging guests navigate their way, the Sunday River Mountain Host Team offers free morning tours from both resort hotels and from South Ridge for Snow Cap Inn guests on Saturdays and Mondays throughout the winter.
Mountain Tours are for the advanced intermediate to expert skier or snowboarder and are a great way to learn insider tips on where to ski/ride and when. Beginner skiers and snowboarders, and those just beginning to explore intermediate terrain, should consider the benefits of a lesson. Minors accompanied by a parent or guardian are permitted on Mountain Tours as long as they meet the intermediate or advanced skills requirement.
- Cost: Free
- Each tour is limited to 12 people.
- Mountain Tours can be reserved by contacting the Grand Summit, Jordan Hotel, or Snow Cap Inn front desk before 6AM (for a same day tour).
- Mountain Host Tour Guides will meet guests who have reserved tour slots at the hotel's ski check at 8:15AM for the Saturday tour or 9:15AM for the Monday tour. For Snow Cap Inn guests: Tour guides will meet guests who have reserved slots at the slopeside door of South Ridge Lodge next to Sunday River Sports. Meeting times are 8:15AM on Saturdays and 9:15AM on Mondays.
- Mountain Hosts will provide trail maps and Resort Pocket Planners before starting each tour. Each host work from suggested tour routes that allow for flexibility during weather events.
- Tours take guests across one-half to one-third of the resort and last two to two and a half hours, ending at the Peak Lodge.