Resort to Open Mountain Bike Park, Scenic Chairlift Rides and More
Newry, Maine (June 20, 2018)-Sunday River Resort's summer operations will hit full steam ahead with the opening of its Mountain Park on Thursday, June 28, 2018.
Located in the western mountains of Maine, the resort's Mountain Park boasts scenic chairlift rides, lift-serviced downhill mountain biking, hiking, an 18-hole alpine disc golf course, zipline tours and twin zips, as well as a climbing wall and bungee trampoline. Guests can purchase tickets for each of the resort's summer activities or save with an Adventure Pass, both available from the Sunday River Sports in South Ridge Lodge. Adventure Passes provides unlimited all-day access to scenic chairlift rides, twin ziplines, the bungee trampoline, and climbing wall. Cost is $25 for ages 13 and older and $22 for ages 6-12. A Disc Golf Add-On is available for just $10 more.
Sunday River's Mountain Park is open Thursday through Sunday, from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., through September 2, and then Friday through Sunday from September 7 through October 7 unless otherwise specified on the resort website. Lodging packages for the resort's two on-site hotels are also available for mini and extended summer getaways.
The Sunday River Mountain Park
- Scenic Chairlift Rides: Part chairlift, part gondola, Sunday River's Chondola consists of eight-passenger gondola cabins and six-person chairs. Round-trip tickets to the top of North Peak and back are $15 for ages 13 and older; $10 for ages 6 through 12; and free for those younger than 5 and older than 80.
- Sunday River Bike Park: With 20 miles of lift-serviced downhill mountain bike terrain, resort shop Sunday River Sports, located in the resort's South Ridge Lodge, carries the latest in downhill mountain bike rental equipment. Rental packages are $80 for full-day use of a full-suspension mountain bike; lessons are also available. Day passes are $39 for adults 13 years and older or $20 for juniors ages 12 and younger. Bike Park season passes are on sale for $99 for all ages through July 1.
- Zipline Tours: Voted 2018 Editor's Choice for "Best Family Adventure" by Yankee magazine, Sunday River's zipline tour takes participants across six separate ziplines ranging from 100 to 300 feet in length. Each tour ends with a zip down the resort's 750-foot parallel twin zip. Tours are $59 for juniors and $69 for adults. Reservations are required, and height and weight restrictions apply.
- Twin Zips: Sunday River's twin zips are 750 feet of pure adrenaline fun and can be done separately from a zipline tour. Twin zip tickets are $15 for all ages and include two "zips" per ticket. Unlimited all-day access is available with an Adventure Pass; height and weight restrictions apply.
- Bungee Trampoline: Located in the South Ridge base area, a three-minute session costs $9 for all ages. Unlimited all-day access is available with an Adventure Pass; height and weight restrictions apply.
- Climbing Wall: Standing 25 feet tall, Sunday River's climbing wall offers three automatic belay stations for climbers to try multiple routes from. A five-climb session is $9 for all ages. Unlimited all-day access is available with an Adventure Pass; height and weight restrictions apply.
- Disc Golf: Sunday River's alpine course, features 18 holes with elevation changes, doglegs, trees, and additional challenges similar to traditional golf. Course access is $20 and includes a scenic chairlift ride to North Peak or purchase an Adventure Pass with a Disc Golf Add On for $10 more for unlimited all-day access.
- E-Bike Rentals: Added to the resort's long list of summer activities last summer, e-bikes or electronic bikes are partly powered by a small motor, making uphill accents a breeze. Half-day rentals are available from Sunday River Sports in South Ridge Lodge for $35. Call 800-543-2754 to reserve.
For more information on Sunday River's Mountain Park, visit sundayriver.com or call 800-543-2754.
About Sunday River Resort: A four-season destination, Sunday River Resort is home to eight interconnected mountain peaks of world-class skiing and snowboarding in the winter months, and in the summer is home to 20 miles of lift-serviced downhill mountain biking, scenic chairlift rides, zipline tours and more. With the most slopeside lodging in the East, including two Resort Hotels, the Snow Cap Inn, Ski Dorm, and hundreds of nearby condominiums, Sunday River is a popular destination for vacationers, meetings and conferences, and weddings. Sunday River is a member of the Boyne Resorts family of resorts and attractions and is located in Newry, Maine, amidst the scenic Mahoosuc Range.