Sunday River Resort Announces Two New Real Estate Ownership Opportunities
NEWRY, ME (August 17, 2020)—Sunday River Resort announced today the details and pricing for the new Merrill Hill development and the Dream Maker Lodge condominiums. With construction beginning in 2021 and as part of Sunday River 2030, a decade-long plan for sustainable growth and investments launched in February 2020, the new real estate initiatives include 21 mountain-top chairlift-serviced home sites on Merrill Hill, and 22 luxurious and convenient slope-side units at the Dream Maker Lodge. Non-binding reservations for these desirable, ski-in/ski-out properties are available beginning in September 2020.
The first of the resort's upcoming projects is Merrill Hill, a development perched atop a mountain between Sunday River's South Ridge and Aurora Peak, offering families an incomparable New England ski experience, right in their backyard. In addition to easy slope access, this unique and much-anticipated development boasts a gorgeous mountain-top setting, panoramic views of Sunday River and the Mahoosuc Mountains, and close proximity to the Sunday River Golf Club.
Ski properties have been continuously known for their property appreciation. Having a property that is easy to travel to and offers ample privacy, as well as direct chairlift service home after a day on the slopes, is now more desirable than ever. Sold as lots, the Merrill Hill development offers owners the opportunity to customize their very own skier's paradise on one of New England's largest ski areas. Being set at the top of a mountain, Merrill Hill provides a truly unique opportunity that can't be found anywhere else in the Northeast.
The reservation period opens immediately after Labor Day, on Tuesday, September 8, 2020. For one week only, families can reserve Merrill Hill lots with a non-binding $20,000 refundable deposit through Sunday River Real Estate's brokerage team. Because of the overwhelming interest in these homes, after a one-week period, a lottery will be held in mid-September to assign an order to the number of reservations received. After this deadline, new reservations will be accepted as they come in.
Merrill Hill details are as follows:
- Number of lots: 24
- Lot sizes and pricing:
- Two lots : $1,000,000+
- Sixteen lots: $600,000 to $700,000
- Six lots: $400,000 to $500,000
- Project launch - August 2020
- Non-binding reservation period - September 8, 2020 at 9:00 A.M. to September 14, 2020 at 4:00 P.M.
- Selection day/purchase and sale execution - January 2021
- Construction - May to October 2021
- Closings - October/November 2021
- Lift installation - Summer 2022
"As mountain real estate goes, Merrill Hill is a one-of-a-kind opportunity in the New England market," said Mark Hall, senior vice president of real estate development for Boyne Resorts. "By offering mountain-top home sites with chairlift access on Merrill Hill, and high-end slope-side condominiums in Dream Maker Lodge, Sunday River stands out for those considering primary or vacation homes."
Dream Maker Lodge
Dream Maker Lodge, Sunday River's second exciting new property, offers buyers the chance to make their slope-side dream a reality. Located on the Dream Maker trail on North Peak and just above the resort's central hub, South Ridge, these condos offer mountain luxury and comfort in a space for families to create memories that will last a lifetime.
Units range from two to four bedrooms with high-end finishes and an optional furnishing package, as well as access to storage and ski lockers, a sauna, outdoor hot tub, and common area hearth room. The building is designed by acclaimed Andover, Mass. architect, Rob Bramhall. Non-binding reservations will be accepted starting on Tuesday, September 8, 2020, with a $10,000 refundable deposit that will secure buyers' place in line for these desirable units. Unlike Merrill Hill, all reservations will be accepted in the order they are received through Sunday River Real Estate's brokerage team.
Dream Maker details are as follows:
- Number of Units: 22
- Penthouses: three 3-bedroom, one 4-bedroom
- 2-bedroom units: 18
- Unit Square Footage
- 4-bedroom penthouse: 2,080 sqft-
- 3-bedroom penthouses: 1,750 sqft-
- 2-bedroom units: 1,050 sqft
- Unit Pricing
- 4-bedroom penthouse: $1,400,000
- 3-bedroom penthouses: $1,000,000 - $1,200,000
- 2-bedroom units: $580,000 - $635,000
- Project launch - August 2020
- Non-binding reservations - September 2020
- Selection day/purchase and sale execution - March 2021
- Construction - May 2021 to March 2022
- Closings - April 2022
- Direct slope-side access to the Dream Maker trail
- 3' x 6' storage area per unit with additional ski locker
- 6-person common sauna
- 12-person common exterior hot tub
- Common area hearth room with propane fireplace
- Paved entrance drive and parking
- GE stainless steel appliances
- Granite countertops in kitchen and baths
- In-unit washer and dryer
- Vermont Castings Intrepid propane stove with stone surround in living rooms
- Paneled solid core doors
- High-quality laminate wood flooring in entries, kitchen, and dining areas
- High-quality Berber carpet in living rooms and bedrooms
- Tile floors and showers with glass doors in master baths
- Central air conditioning and heat
- Acoustic insolation with double walls between units
- Individual exterior decks
- Optional furnishing packages available.
"Sunday River has long been known for expansive terrain and world-class skiing and riding," said Dana Bullen, president of Sunday River. "Our 10 year vision in Sunday River 2030 combines real estate expansion with resort infrastructure and amenity upgrades, arguably setting us up to become the best four-season destination in the Northeast."
Please visit sundayriverrealestate.com for additional information. Reservations for Merrill Hill and Dream Maker Lodge can be made exclusively through Sunday River Real Estate, the official agency of Sunday River Resort, located in the South Ridge Lodge. Contact the brokerage team at 207-824-5051 or by email at email@example.com.
About Sunday River
Sunday River Resort is located minutes from picturesque Bethel Village in western Maine's Mahoosuc Mountains. A true four-season destination, Sunday River offers eight interconnected peaks of world-class skiing and snowboarding, an 18-hole golf course at the Sunday River Golf Club, two resort hotels and an inn, and numerous events throughout the year.